American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists (AOCA)
American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists General Interest Meeting
Wednesday, September 2nd , 2015, 12:00 pm, Mollie Auditorium
Adivsor: Ursula Landman, DO
Present: Anthony Esposito (President), Sheena Mago (Vice President), Yevgeniya Borovinskaya (Secretary), Liana Tatarian (Treasurer),Neeraj Suryanarayanan (2nd Year Representative)
Anthony began the meeting with the introduction of the E-board.
Dr. Landman then introduced herself and provided dates for upcoming conferences, research, and shadowing opportunities:
• AOCA annual conference Oct. 18-21
– At Disney Contemporary in Florida
• AOCA winter conference 1/15/16-1/17/16
– At Omni mansion DelRio in San Antonio
• AOCA midyear Conference 3/11/16-3/13/16
– At Intercontinental in Chicago
– Link to site: www.AOCAonline.org
• ASA Conference Oct. 24-28
– in San Diego, CA
– Link to site: www.ASAhq.org
• PGA NYC Conference Dec. 11-15
– Link to site: www.nyssa.pga.org
• Research Opportunity:
– Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER)
– Link to site: www.FAER.org
• Shadowing Opportunity with Dr. Landman
– Contact Dr. Landman: Ursula.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Landman then gave a presentation about anesthesiology, its definition, and its history. She also spoke about how she personally got into the field and why she enjoys it.
Anthony then finished the meeting with election of the first year representative. Students were given the opportunity to give a brief speech after which they were asked to exit the auditorium. Voting then took place and Sal Intagliata was elected as the new 1st year representative.
The meeting adjourned at: 12:45 pm.