American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists (AOCA)
American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists IV Workshop
Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 12:00pm, Mollie Auditorium
Adivsor: Ursula Landman, DO
Present: Isabella Bergagnini (President), Cory Higley (Vice President), Matthew Li (Secretary), Eugenia Pugach (Treasurer), Pooja Bhargava (Journal Representative), Emily Schultz (2nd Year Representative), Anthony Esposito, (1st Year Representative)
Dr. Landman began the meeting going over upcoming conferences and research grant opportunities:
- AOCA annual conference: 9/28-10/1 in Scottsdale, AZ
- Winter Conference: 1/16-1/18/15 in Charleston, SC
- Midyear Seminar: 3/13-3/15/15 in Chicago, IL
- Annual: 10/17-10/21/15 in Orlando, FL
- link to site: http://www.aocaonline.org/?page=UpcomingMeetings
- International Anesthesia Research Society Annual Meeting: 3/21-3/25/15 in Honolulu, HI
- Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Annual Meeting: 5/13-17-15 in Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Landman then presented the basics of fluid resuscitation covering the anatomy, physiology, and equipment necessary to perform the IV line procedure. Attendees were broken up into 3 groups and had the opportunity to learn how to start an IV line using ICC mannequins.
The meeting adjourned at 1:00pm.