American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists (AOCA)
American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists IV Workshop
Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:00pm, Mollie Auditorium
Adivsor: Ursula Landman, DO
Present: Isabella Bergagnini (President), Cory Higley (Vice President), Matthew Li (Secretary), Eugenia Pugach (Treasurer), Pooja Bhargava (Journal Representative), Emily Schultz (2nd Year Representative), Anthony Esposito, (1st Year Representative)
Dr. Landman began the meeting going over upcoming conferences and research grant opportunities:
- AOCA annual conference:
- Annual: 10/17-10/21/15 in Orlando, FL
- AOCA 2016 annual: 9/18/16 in Seattle, WA
- link to site: http://www.aocaonline.org/?page=UpcomingMeetings
- Research Evening Stony Brook: 5/13/15
- Dr. Landman then introduced Justin Benoit, OMS IV, who was our guest speaker of the day. Justin was AOCA’s previous president who just matched into anesthesia this year. He gave a presentation on his experiences at NYIT-COM, applying for anesthesia residencies, choosing and ranking programs, as well as general advice for interviewing.
- Attendance: 45
- The meeting adjourned at 1:00pm.