American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists (AOCA)
American Osteopathic College of Anesthesiologists First General Assembly
Tuesday, September 9, 2014, 12:00pm, Rockefeller Auditorium
Advisor: Dr. Ursula Landman, D.O.
Present: Isabella Bergagnini (President), Cory Higley (Vice President), Matthew Li (Secretary), Eugenia Pugach (Treasurer), Pooja Bhargava (Journal Representative), Emily Schultz (2nd Year Representative)
The President began the meeting with a welcome message and introduction of the E-board and advisor to the general assembly. The President discussed dates of future meetings/workshops. She further advised students that payment of $10 for membership would provide them with a t-shirt later in the year, as well as access to workshops and shadowing opportunities.
Dr. Landman then introduced herself and provided details regarding upcoming conferences and research grant opportunities:
- AOCA annual conference: 9/28-10/1 in Scottsdale, AZ
- Winter Conference: 1/16-1/18/15 in Charleston, SC
- Midyear Seminar: 3/13-3/15/15 in Chicago, IL
- link to site: http://www.aocaonline.org/activek/content.asp?catid=38
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) annual meeting: 10/11-10/15 in New Orleans
- link to site: https://www.asahq.org/Annual-Meeting.aspx
- New York State Society of Anesthesiologists (NYSSA) PGA meeting: 12/12-12/16 at Marriott Marquis Hotel in NYC
- link to site: www.nyssa-pga.org
- Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER): Research Grant Opportunities
- application opens 11/15, closes 12/15
- match into program by 1/31/15
- resources at http://faer.org/research-grants/
Dr. Landman further discussed shadowing opportunities with her (contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org) and described some of her experiences as a student and anesthesiology resident.
The E-board conducted the election for a first year representative. Anthony Esposito (email:email@example.com) was elected by majority vote.
Finally, raffle winners were selected for a copy of First-Aid 2014, and 2 Starbucks gift cards.
Membership dues were collected for new members. Attendance: 38
The meeting adjourned at 12:55 pm.