The American Osteopathic Foundation (AOF),as you may know, has many scholarship opportunities that you may or may not be aware of. Please visit their website, www.aof.org, to see the full details of these scholarships. Check out the summary below of the available scholarships to see if you are interested
Osteopathic Medical Students
Applications/nominations are now being accepted for the following student opportunities.
· Burnett Osteopathic Student Research Award (Deadline: April 24, 2013)
· William G. Anderson, DO, Minority Scholarship (Deadline: April 24, 2013) TIME SENSITIVE YOU MUST COMPLETE YOU APPLICATION ASAP WITH THE AID OFFICE
· McCaughan Heritage Scholarship (Deadline: April 30, 2013)
· Welch Scholars Grants (Deadline: May 10, 2013) TIME SENSITIVE YOU MUST COMPLETE YOU APPLICATION ASAP WITH THE AID OFFICE
Osteopathic Educators and Physicians
Do you know an osteopathic leader whose actions promote the science of osteopathic medicine and the betterment of public health, an osteopathic educator who is changing lives or an osteopathic physician that is making outstanding advancements in medicine? Are you that person? The AOF has an exciting opportunity for you.
· Educator of the Year Award (Deadline: May 3, 2013)
· Physician of the Year Award (Deadline: May 10, 2013)
· James M. Lally, DO, Emerging Leader Award (Deadline: May 10, 2013)
Furthermore, many people may be interested in funding a trip abroad. Check out this presentation that was given at the January Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP) meeting that may help in planning a trip.